Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Botnets - The Future of Internet Criminal Activity

Techi recently posted a new article about botnets. Internet Criminal Activity has dropped 10 percent, but botnets that hijacked computers rose 600 percent. So technically it got worse. The criminal activity has just gone incognito.

A new form of Internet Criminal Activity has risen. But you just never see it coming!

I question why these tactics are being used. I assume the old method of being noticed when sending out viruses etc is long gone. A better tactic is to stay hidden and strike when you have the power to do so. Or to stay hidden and do your work without being known.

I have been fairly good about keeping my computer safe. Basic routines like running a scan every week or so, updating software and Windows. Would rather be free then become a "zombie machine." I recommend doing the same. You don't want to be attacked.

Hope things don't get worse!


No comments:

Post a Comment